They have a very acute sense of serving their masters, but you need to train them properly. It is advisable to have some prior German Shepherd information might help you in training them well.
If you just got a German Shepherd pup home and you think, it is too young to train, you should reconsider. German shepherds are one of the most ferocious breeds of dog and need to be trained as early as possible lest they start attacking the children and elderly.
Here are a few mistakes that you should avoid while training a German Shepherd dog:
1) Never wait for too long before starting training a German Shepherd dog as these dogs are quite wild by nature and unless taught to be calm and composed can actually risk the safety of your family members.
2) Do not keep your German Shepherd puppy away from people during training as they need constant exposure to people to learn to act socially with them.
However, you need to teach it not to jump on others in excitement.
3) You also need to know that a German Shepherd can be quite destructive when bored.
Therefore, you need to provide toys and others things of interest to keep him engaged at all times, especially when you are not free to play with him.
4) It is also important to know that this breed of dog believes in alpha culture of wild dogs. So, even if it has accepted you as the alpha, it will need the position of beta dog of the pack and this might endanger your other dogs.
Therefore, it is advisable to have only one dog or at least only one ferocious dog, if you have a German Shepherd at your home.
5) Finally, you might want to house train your German Shepherd on your own but if you really want it to behave socially and be less ferocious, it is advisable to take it to dog training classes, where he can learn useful lessons as to what is acceptable and what is not as well as interact with other dogs and their owners.
Visit the New Pages below for Information about the German Shepherd Dog Breed.
Introduction to the German Shepherd Dog: The German Shepherd dog is best known for its confidence and intelligence. The breed was developed from farm and herding dogs in 1899 in Germany, and first brought to the AKC in 1907. German Shepherds quickly became one of the most loved dog breeds by families around the globe, and remains at the top of the list for the most popular dog breeds.
So you are ready to add a furry family member. Thinking about a German Shepherd puppy? If you are considering bringing a new GSD puppy or older dog into your home, there are a few factors to think about. Getting to know the German Shepherd breed a little before you adopt will help with a fast transition to family life.
My favorite brands of German Shepherd Dog Food: 1. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Dry Dog Food, 2. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry Dog Food, 3. Wellness CORE Ocean Grain-Free Dry Canine Diet Dog Food, 4. Orijen Adult Grain-Free Dry Dog Food For Canines, 5. Nature's Variety Instinct for Dogs Duck & Turkey Meal Formula are some of the better Dog Foods to keep your German Shepherd on a proper diet.
It is important that you really take the time to train your German Shepherd well. They are one of the most intelligent dog breeds and respond well to training. Some studies claim that the breed is responsible for more reported bitings than any other kind of dog. You will want to make sure that your dog is not amongst those statistics unless it is protecting you from an intruder.
Mistakes To Avoid When Training Your German Shepherd. The German shepherd dog breed is one of strongest and most athletic of all dog breeds. They are not only perfect for becoming police dogs and guard dogs; they can also be perfect pets for a dog loving family. They have a very acute sense of serving their masters, but you need to train them properly. It is advisable to have some prior German Shepherd information might help you in training them well.
Training German Shepherd Puppies: It is very important to train your German Shepherd puppy correctly so that it doesn’t develop bad social habits as it gets older. German Shepherds are regarded as one of the most intelligent dog breeds so you should expect good results from proper training.
German Shepherds are one of the most intelligent and sturdiest of the pet dog breeds. They are not only smart but also have a natural instinct for things. They are often used as police dogs due to these special characteristics of theirs. However, training German Shepherd dogs is not an easy task. It is advisable to train a German Shepherd puppy rather than trying to train an adult dog as it will need you a lot more patience and time to train an adult dog.